Gorges Lodge and Little Gorges Tented Lodge
Bomani Tented Lodge
Zambezi Sands River Camp
Activities at Gorges and Little Gorges
Birding at Gorges and Little Gorges
How to find Nehimba
How to find Jozibanini
JOZIBANINI - living in the wilderness
FIND OUT MORE
Jozibanini Camp is situated in the remote south west of Hwange National Park in a wilderness unused for nearly 20 years; only the wildlife and the Parks rangers who look after it frequent this area, once roamed by San people. This is a small, truly exclusive camp in a truly wild place, providing a unique, untamed wilderness experience.
The ecosystem here is semi-desert akin to the Kalahari in neighbouring Botswana. Ancient windblown fossil sand dunes are separated by shallow valleys where elephant paths have compacted the terrain, providing Imvelo with the opportunity for a unique experiment of game viewing by mountain bike. Imvelo is breaking new ground in Hwange in terms of the remoteness of the location and the uniqueness of the environment.
Ideally we recommend this as a two day add-on for guests from Imvelo’s other Hwange properties; Bomani, Camelthorn or Nehimba. These special guests will be looking for adventure; the day-long transfer to Jozibanini will be a ‘pump run,’ resupplying waterholes en route, providing an opportunity for guests to get involved in the incredible game water supply program that is unique to Imvelo.
Jozibanini quick facts
- 6 hour by 4WD from Bomani, Camelthorn or Nehimba; this is an extended game drive with picnic on the way and not a standard transfer, usually incorporated into one of Imvelo's signature pump runs.
- Currently the nearest airstrip is the Somalisa Airstrip near Manga 3 (3 hour game drive from camp).
- Jozibanini is situated in its own private concession and because the nearest other tourism facility is a 4 hour drive to the north, guests at Jozi can look forward to a very exclusive experience across a vast swathe of Hwange.
- Guest accommodation overlooks Jozibanini Pan; dining is informal ‘fly camp style’ out under the stars.
- Accommodation: one double bedded and two twin bedded tents on raised wooden decks tucked under Shepherds bush and Camelthorn trees. Bucket Shower and flush toilet en-suite.
- Open-topped verandah wide enough to take a bed out for nights under the stars.
- Walks and game drives with your licensed guide.
- Experimental Mountain biking is a special Jozibanini activity.
- Game viewing during the day and at night under the light of a full moon from our ‘Look-up’ underground hide.
- Mosquito nets
- Mosquito repellent
- Mobile LED lamp
- Solar LED lighting
Download the Jozibanini Camp Fact Sheet
Jozibanini is elephant country and our guests will have many wonderful opportunities to view these giants during their stay.