Gorges Lodge and Little Gorges Tented Lodge
Bomani Tented Lodge
Zambezi Sands River Camp
Activities at Gorges and Little Gorges
Birding at Gorges and Little Gorges
How to find Nehimba
How to find Jozibanini
FIND OUT MORE
NEHIMBA - living with the Elephants
Deep inside a private concession, nestled inside the remote northern region of Hwange National Park, hides Nehimba Lodge. By combining luxury living with ultimate elegance and lashings of African charm, this Lodge is designed to create the most exceptional safari experiences. Our Main guest area and 7 spacious guest accommodations are thatched tents built on teak decks, overlooking the magnificent lodge pan – a favoured spot frequented by a variety of wildlife and large numbers of elephants, particularly in the dry season.
Nehimba sits firmly on the edge of the mopane woodlands associated with the north of the park and the kalahari sandveld of the south and west. All the diversity of Hwange's fauna and flora is within easy reach. No two days are the same at Nehimba and game viewing experiences are tailor-made to our guest’s preferences, including game drives, walking safaris and night game drives on our private concession in search of nocturnal species of wildlife. Whether you choose to track a herd of elephant on foot with your highly trained guide at dawn or spend the afternoon relaxing overlooking the waterhole on the deck by the pool, this wild and unspoilt bush paradise will guarantee you leave with memories to last a lifetime!
Nehimba quick facts
- 3-4 hour road transfer from Victoria Falls (two thirds of which is through Hwange National Park).
- Camp pick ups and drop offs are from Hwange Main Camp or Hwange Mbala Gate.
- The lodge is situated on a 278sq-km private concession within Northern Hwange National Park.
- The main guest area and all the guest accommodation overlook Nehimba Pan.
- Accommodation: 7 large separate raised thatched tents including a Honeymoon Suite and 2 Family Suites.
- All the thatched tents have a private balcony, en-suite bathroom, outdoor shower, hot running water and electricity by generator.
- The rooms are large, airy and tastefully furnished.
- There is complimentary WiFi available in the main guest area.
- A swimming pool with a view awaits you.
- Game drives are conducted with expert safari guides in specially modified open 4WD safari vehicles, or go on a game walk and enjoy the thrill of approaching wildlife on foot.
- Mosquito nets
- Mosquito repellent
- Mobile LED lamp
- Complimentary daily laundry
-Coffee and tea facilities available in the thatched tents
Download the Nehimba Lodge Fact Sheet